If you’re heading off on your summer holidays soon, it goes without saying that you want your break to go as smoothly as possible. We spend a fair amount of money on planning the perfect relaxing holiday, and minimising any minor irritations can help us get the best out of the experience. So, without further ado, here are our favourite ways to be a holiday hero!
- Baby powder is a miraculous way to get sand off your hair and skin on the beach.
- Use a fitted sheet with something anchored to each corner to keep sand out of your sunbathing spot.
- Why not send a postcard home to yourself each day of your holiday? It will be a nice reminder of your time away for when you get home, and for many years to come!
- Stave off jetlag by getting lots of exercise the day before you travel. Not only will this help you sleep better on the plane, but good circulation and health will help you feel less tired. When you arrive, be sure to go out into the fresh air as soon as you can, and get as much of it as possible in order to keep your energy levels up.
- Be a bit sneaky, and stick ‘Fragile’ stickers to your luggage. Even if it’s not fragile, these stickers will help ensure your bags get good treatment from the baggage handlers.
- Use an empty tube of lip balm, or an empty sun lotion bottle, for a secret cash stash.
- When packing necklaces, thread the chain through a straw and fasten to avoid tangling.
- Place a dryer sheet in your luggage to keep your clothes smelling fresh. You might even like to stuff a few into those stinky trainers you can’t live without! And another great tip – dryer sheets are surprisingly good at removing deodorant stains from clothing.
- When packing, rolling clothes rather than folding them allows you more room in your suitcase.
- Check into a cosy little guest house near the airport for a good night’s sleep and a hearty breakfast before your flight! This is a sure-fire way to get your holiday off to the best of starts.
So, there you have it, ten awesome ways to make your holiday go without a hitch. Just don’t forget your passport – we can’t help with that bit! Happy Summer!